The 2020/2021 academic year has been one that required Erasmus Student Network (ESN) Romania to face numerous challenges, which increased the need for our national organization’s support structures to face them all to deliver on our goal: to support international students and promote the Erasmus+ programme to young people in Romania.
Our organisation has altered its activity during the past year while continuing to support international students in critical times for them, thus upholding the values promoted by Erasmus Student Network. Our local sections have managed to rally their joint forces and support International Relations offices as reliable partners even in the most difficult moments, such as instances of international students being infected with the new coronavirus. In addition to reemphasising our volunteers’ civic efforts, the pandemic has changed the nature of our activities. The local sections received full guidance on both how to adapt their activity to the online and to organise physical activities safely, under compliance with the authorities’ sanitary regulations. As a result, a multitude of unique activities centred around the personal and professional development of individuals were organised, with the target audience being expanded mostly to local students as beneficiaries.
Standing as a testament to the quality of our activity, as well as to the maturity reached by ESN Romania, the aforementioned has been included among the 10 most stable and experienced national organisations within Erasmus Student Network, which currently comprises 42 countries.
Some of the most noteworthy achievements of our organisation from the past year would include:
- The expansion of the organisation at the local level through welcoming the candidate sections from Suceava and Pitești into our network, thereby amounting to 15 local sections,
- The development of two national programmes on the causes of Erasmus Student Network: Education & Youth and Skills & Employability, respectively,
- Organising the teambuilding event of Local Boards Training in July 2020, as well as the first capacity-building national event - National Training Event - entirely online in December 2020,
- Being awarded the title of the best training strategy network-wide,
- The adoption of the new Standing Orders of ESN Romania,
- The harmonisation to the new visual identity of all the local sections in ESN Romania,
- Devising a new internal online platform for managing internal events and meetings,
- Organising a total of 392 events through the local sections of ESN Romania for a combined 8592 participants, which equates to 22 persons/event on average,
- The election of two volunteering members of ESN Romania into the International Board of ESN AISBL,
Further details about the achievements of ESN Romania as categorised according to fields of interest may be consulted ahead