In Romania, ESN is present in 12 cities, collaborating with more than 40 universities, with approximately 400 volunteers providing help to over 3500 international students who come to Romania each year.
But who are we?
A group of young people who voluntarily put their effort in helping international students integrate and provide opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development for students of Romania and not only. Volunteers across the country, no matter their sections work together to add value to the Erasmus+ students’/trainees’ experiences and also get to develop their hard and soft skills, reaching ESN’s mission of “Enrichment of society through international students”.
The first local section of Erasmus Student Network in Romania was born in 2004, when ESN Cluj-Napoca was accepted within the network and since then more and more people started to believe in the mission and vision of Erasmus Student Network and joined it. Today ESN Romania has 14 local sections in 12 cities: ESN Alba-Iulia, ESN ASE Bucharest, ESN Bacău, ESN Brașov, ESN Cluj-Napoca, ESN Constanța, ESN Craiova, ESN Iași, ESN Poli, ESN Sibiu, ESN Suceava, ESN Târgu Mureș, ESN Timișoara și ESN UniBucharest. Currently, we also have one candidate section: CS ESN Oradea.
What do we stand for?
- unity in diversity, diversity in the unity (we all have different backgrounds, but share one common aim and goal)
- students helping students (we passionately commit ourselves to volunteering for the benefits of others)
- fun in friendship and respect (we enjoy relations based on respect)
- international dimension of the life (we are open-minded, mobile, like to discover and explore, to co-operate and to interact to break borders)
- love for Europe as an area of peace and cultural exchange (we live and benefit from the cultural richness of Europe to the utmost)
- openness with tolerance (we understand and accept others and learn from them)
- cooperation in the integration (we share a holistic view towards internationality)